The Committee for the Health Services Research and Pharmacy Practice Conference (HSRPP) are inviting expressions of interest from higher education institutes in the UK and Ireland to host this successful, annual conference in 2017.
The aim of HSRPP is to:
• To identify and disseminate research to inform policy and practice development.
• To provide an environment to encourage pharmacy practice researchers to share ideas about their research with their peers.
Hosting the conference provides the opportunity to:
• promote your institute’s areas of research interest and expertise;
• raise the national and international profile of your research team;
• develop national/international research collaborations;
• develop skills in conference planning and management;
• review the latest research in pharmacy practice;
• support research development in pharmacy practice;
• network with research colleagues from across the UK and Ireland; and,
• promote your local region.
The responsibilities of the host institution include the following:
• Conference theme setting (with HSRPP Committee) – including selection of and liaison with national/international plenary speakers.
• Programme setting and production – programme arrangements and design, including the organisation of workshops where relevant.
• Conference dinner and entertainment.
• Delegate accommodation – liaison with local hotels/onsite accommodation and arrangement of block booked rooms [delegates make their own bookings].
• Attracting sponsorship.
• Venue sourcing and liaison.
• Production of promotional materials – conference flyer design.
• Conference bags and badge production.
The Pharmacy Practice UK manages the remaining activities, which include:
• Abstract administration (including liaison with publishers)
• Collating presentations (abstracts only) for uploading pre-conference.
• Organisation of two meetings per year (June and November) and meeting administration.
• Updating and uploading relevant website material and general overview and review of content.
• Holding finances and investment of monies.
• Receiving and processing conference payments.
• Evaluation of conference.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 5pm on the 31st of October Applications will be considered at the HSRPP Committee on the 11th of November.
The form for completion is available here HSRPP – Expression of Interest – 2017
Applicants should provide details of the host institution and available facilities, the two academic leads that will join the HSRPP Committee and proposals for the conference theme.
If you would like to learn more about HSRPP please go to: www.hsrpp.org.uk.
If you would like to discuss in more detail the opportunities and responsibilities involved, please contact Beth Allen on 020 7572 2466 (firstname.lastname@example.org).