You can donate to Pharmacy Research UK here: Donate via PayPal
And if you can’t donate, you can sign up to our newsletter to keep in touch with our work here: Newsletter sign-up
So why should you support us?
Supporting us means investing in the research that can give pharmacists the tools to improve the health of the public. It can help shape health services for the future, exploring how pharmacists can best meet patients’ needs, or how they can take the pressure off A&E, GPs and other services. And we think that’s pretty exciting.
How much of my donation will go to your research?
When we were set up we were fortunate to be left an endowment which we use to fund our core costs. The income from this covers our core costs, and a baseline of research projects. But we rely on finding other income to fund anything beyond this basic level, so any additional funding can make a massive difference. And because our other income covers our core costs we can ensure that all additional income can go direct to funding our research work – you can even specify what type of work you would want to fund, if you want to, and we will restrict the income to that.
Why pharmacy research, and not other health research?
We think all health research is important – we’re an active member of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC) and we look to work in partnership with other organisations wherever we can. But pharmacy research is an under-funded and under-explored area where even small amounts of money really do make a difference.
There is increasing recognition of the major role that pharmacists can play in improved patient outcomes, providing personal support, reducing pressure on other over-stretched services, providing a direct link into communities. But there is simply not the same funding for pharmacy as for other healthcare professions. Pharmacy Research UK is the principle funder of the research that can guide these changes, that can provide the evidence-base for pharmacists’ new roles, but we need much more support to develop and grow this work. We believe that of any area of health and medical research, supporting pharmacy research offers the greatest scope to be able to deliver new models of practice that can make a real, tangible impact on patient outcomes. Investing in pharmacy research is investing in the future of our health services.
What sort of research do you fund?
We provide a range of different types of research awards, designed both to help deliver improvements to pharmacy practice, and to help build and develop the pharmacy research workforce. We also work in partnership with other organisations to fund research in specific areas where we feel pharmacists can make a difference – you can see our research strategy here. Our work is designed to:
- build the skills and the capacity of the pharmacy research workforce, supporting pharmacists to use their skills and experience to drive impactful research;
- make sure that pharmacy research is an integral part of health research, recognising and exploring the part that pharmaceutical care plays in improving the public’s health;
- build a body of significant research that in time can help to drive improvements in policy and practice of pharmaceutical care;
- address the barriers that can prevent pharmacists from getting involved in and leading research;
- raise the profile of pharmacy research, both through sharing and promoting research projects and through supporting the development of leaders and champions for pharmacy research within the health research community and beyond.
You can help us fund more research through a range of options
- Making a single secure online donation using PayPal on a one off basis
- Regular Giving – Setting up a Direct Debit payment to Pharmacy Research UK
- Payroll Giving – A flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to give regularly and on a tax free basis to charities. Payroll Giving donations are deducted before tax so each £1 you give will only cost you 80p.
- Easyfundraising– Join and you can collect free donations for us every time you buy something online. It won’t cost you a penny extra so please help us to raise funds.
- Donating in memory of a loved one
- Leaving a gift in your will (legacy)
If you are interested in finding out how your company can support us please email firstname.lastname@example.org