The Committee for the Health Services Research and Pharmacy Practice Conference (HSRPP) are inviting expressions of interest from higher education institutes in the UK and Republic of Ireland to host this longstanding conference in 2024 or 2025.
The aim of HSRPP is to:
- Identify and disseminate high quality research to inform policy and practice development;
- Develop the evidence base for pharmacy;
- Provide an environment to encourage health service researchers in pharmacy practice to share ideas about their research with their peers;
- Provide the opportunity for early career researchers to present at a major conference and develop their skills for the future.
- Inform researchers about new methodological approaches and emerging research relevant topical issues
Hosting the conference provides the opportunity to:
- Promote your institute’s areas of research interest and expertise, review the latest research in pharmacy practice and support research development in pharmacy practice;
- Raise the national and international profile of your research team and develop national/international research collaborations;
- Develop skills in conference planning and management;
- Network with research colleagues from across the UK (inc. Ireland), globally, and promote your local region.
The responsibilities of the host institution include:
- Identifying two academic leads, (one or both of whom will be the conference Chair/co-chair) to join the HSRPP conference committee (for further details on responsibilities see latter section in bold)
- Conference theme setting (with HSRPP Committee) – including selection of and liaison with national/international plenary speakers;
- Programme setting and production – programme arrangements and design, including the organisation of workshops where relevant and conference dinner and social events;
- Venue sourcing, liaison and delegate accommodation – liaison with local hotels/onsite accommodation and arrangement of block booked rooms [delegates make their own bookings];
- Attracting sponsorship for the conference;
- Production of promotional materials – conference flyer design, conference bags and badge production;
- Abstract administration (including liaison with publishers, abstract authors and the HSRPP Committee) and collating presentations (abstracts only) for uploading pre-conference;
- Collating any comments and feedback from the HSRPP Committee and passing these back to the abstract authors for feedback, or to make necessary amendments to their application;
- Updating and uploading relevant website material and general overview and review of content;
- Managing finances and investment of monies, and receiving and processing conference payments, including all ticket sales;
- Evaluating the conference.
Pharmacy Research UK (PRUK) is the secretariat for the HSRPP Committee and will support the host institution during the conference preparation process. PRUK organises the HSRPP Committee meetings twice a year (June and November) and works with the Committee Chair to produce the meeting papers. The host is responsible for undertaking all administrative activities required to prepare for and host the conference. For further details, please get in touch with us.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 15th October. Applications are considered by the HSRPP Committee. Please complete the expression of interest form and submit to us, at email@example.com before the deadline. Please clearly indicate which year you are applying to host the conference; in 2024, 2025 or either year.
The form for completion is available below and applicants should provide details of the host institution and available facilities, the two academic leads that will join the HSRPP Committee and proposals for the conference theme. The judging criteria is also available for you to refer to, so you are aware of what the Committee are expecting during assessment.
HSRPP conferences have taken place over two days previously. In recent years, the conference has been hosted online due to the impact of the pandemic. The Committee do expect future conferences to return to face to face, therefore any proposals for online hosting/hybrid conferences need to be explained and justified in the form.
Successful hosts will be required to attend Committee meetings. It is also expected that HSRPP Committee members attend the HSRPP conference regularly (University of Bath in 2022 and University of Bradford in 2023). Please also note that, if successful, the first named applicant will be expected to serve on the Committee as core member for 6 years, with the second named applicant to serve 3 years on the Committee. This approach supports continuity for future hosts and meetings. Despite this difference in membership, both leads are welcome to co-chair the meetings and hold a joint role in chairing and hosting the conference.
See more information about HSRPP on the dedicated pages here.
If you would like to discuss in more detail the opportunities and responsibilities involved, please contact Desh Mofidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.