We are delighted to announce that we are continuing our funding partnership this year with the charity Wellbeing of Women. Wellbeing of Women are dedicated to supporting research into all areas of women’s reproductive and gynaecological health throughout the life course.
We recognise that pharmacists and pharmacy professionals are often at the forefront of providing care for health issues related to women and girls, so this partnership marks an important step to ensuring that further pharmacy research can be commissioned into women’s health.
We are supporting clinical and translational medical research looking at the practice of pharmacy or exploring the role pharmacists can play in delivering the best possible patient benefit across one or more areas under Wellbeing of Women’s remit: Pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period, including pre-term birth, miscarriage and fertility; General wellbeing surrounding women’s health issues such as menopause, incontinence, sexual health, mental health, menstrual disorders and endometriosis; and Gynaecological cancers.
The scope for proposals is not limited, other than by the focus of women’s reproductive and gynaecological health, however, topics that could be addressed include:
- The education of pharmacists related to safe prescribing in pregnancy and/or providing easy access to advice about prescribing in pregnancy.
- How pharmacists can support and offer a safe space for women to discuss pelvic floor health postnatally.
- How pharmacists can support women seeking medicine, support and advice during the menopause.
- The role of pharmacists in providing analgesia for painful periods.
- Knowledge, attitudes, and uptake of vaginal HRT tablets prescribed by pharmacists for the treatment of Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (GSM).
This call will offer up to £100,000 for research taking place up to 3 years in total. The call will launch on 30th March 2023 and will close at 1pm on 22nd June 2023.
Please refer to our webpage for further details on this call.