The 2022 Awards and Bursaries round is open from Monday 24th January and closes at 1pm on Wednesday 20th April.
The Psoriasis Association-PRUK Research Award is a great opportunity for researchers to undertake pharmacy research for the benefit of patients living with psoriasis.
Pharmacy Research UK (PRUK) and the Psoriasis Association are working together to offer the opportunity for health service researchers to receive a Research Award for projects relating to pharmacy research into psoriasis. Projects can investigate a range of issues, such as how pharmacy services can support the treatment of psoriasis or how patients can better manage their symptoms with the support of pharmacists.
This new partnership offers up to £20,000 for pharmacy research into psoriasis, with a focus on future patient benefit. The research must not exceed 12 months duration.
To be considered eligible for submission the project must:
- Have a lead who is based at a UK Higher Education Institute
- Be completed within 12 months (unless under exceptional circumstances)
- Request no more than £20,000. The judging panel may decide to award the total amount to one project or to one or more smaller projects
- Be aligned with the Psoriasis Association and PRUK charitable objectives
Following submission, projects will be reviewed by an expert panel and one or more awarded funding according to the following criteria (see guidance document below for more details):
- Investigate novel research, which aligns with the Psoriasis Association and PRUK organisational objectives/Research Award scope and adds value to the current research literature
- Have a clear research question or hypothesis with potential to improve outcomes for patients
- Have a feasible and robust methodology designed to meet the aims/objectives of the project
- Have clear, defined and measurable outcomes
Please refer to the Psoriasis Association (https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/research) and PRUK (http://pharmacyresearchuk.org/about-us/our-story/) webpages for information about their organisational aims.
For more detailed information and to apply for this award, please download the Psoriasis Association-PRUK Research Award guidance and application form.
- Psoriasis Association-PRUK Research Award Guidance Document 2022
- Psoriasis Association-PRUK Research Award Application Form 2022
2024 Funding Round Timetable
|2024 PRUK funding round launch
|2nd January 2024
|2024 PRUK funding round deadline
|1pm on 27th March 2024
|Applicants notified of initial outcome (i.e. invitation to interview stage)
|w/c 1st July 2024
|Online interviews (for shortlisted PhD studentship awards and Level 2 bursaries only)
|9th July 2024
|Applicants notified of final outcome
|31st July 2024