Pharmacy Research UK is accepting applications from pharmacists wishing to develop skills and experience in research relating to their practice. In line with our objective to promote the health of the public by educating pharmacists, we have two funding schemes which aim to develop research capacity and capability in pharmacy.
The Personal Research Awards and Research Training Bursaries provide funding for novice and early-career researchers. This unique funding is vital for developing a research active pharmacy profession which, in turn, can underpin the development of a strong evidence base to inform pharmacy’s current and future contribution to patient benefit and public health.
Previous recipients have undertaken research in areas such as public health, health economics, infection management, organisational psychology and over the counter prescribing.
The closing date for the Research Training Bursaries and the Personal Research Awards is the 30th May 2014. Interviews for both schemes will take place in London in early July. Further information and application forms are available at www.pharmacyresearchuk.org
Notes to editors:
Pharmacy Research UK was established in 2012 following the merger of the Pharmaceutical Trust for Educational and Charitable Objects (PTECO) and the Pharmacy Practice Research Trust (PPRT). The charity’s vision is to improve the health of the public through excellence in pharmacy research.
The Personal Research Awards provide support for:
- Those requiring funding between PhD and postdoctoral grants
- Those requiring funding to go from MPhil to PhD
- Practitioners new to research
- PhD students requiring ‘research costs’ to enhance their PhDs
The awards can be used to fund new areas of research, e.g. pre-pilot and feasibility studies that would not be considered by other funding bodies.
There are two types of award available:
- The Galen Award: up to £30,000 is granted annually and funded by the Galen Trust for pharmacists from all sectors to undertake research.
- The Leverhulme Pharmacy Research Fellowship: one or more awards of up to £45,000 granted annually is funded by the Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust to support research relating to community pharmacy
The Research Training Bursaries support community and primary care pharmacists to undertake the following:
- Level 1: To undertake research modules and a small scale project.
- Level 2: To upgrade a Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy to an MSc.
- Level 3: To undertake a non – pharmacy MSc that has relevance to and benefits the world of pharmacy.
A total of £45,000 is available for the research training bursaries.
Clinical Pharmacy Research Project
The United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA) & Pharmacy Research UK Clinical Pharmacy Research Grant is aimed at pharmacists wishing to conduct clinical pharmacy research projects in the UK.
The focus of this grant is to support those in their early research career, and possibly looking to secure their first project grant as a Principal Investigator (either independently or as a co-investigator).
A total of £50,000 is available to support projects in 2014.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on the 23rd of May 2014. To apply, please use the following link here.
For more information about Pharmacy Research UK please visit www.pharmacyresearchuk.org
For more information about the Research Training Bursaries or the Personal Research Awards please contact Charlotte Coates: firstname.lastname@example.org