The Committee for the Health Services Research and Pharmacy Practice Conference (HSRPP) are inviting expressions of interest from higher education institutes in the UK and Ireland to host this successful, annual conference in 2019.
The aim of HSRPP is to:
- To identify and disseminate research to inform policy and practice development.
- Develop the evidence base for pharmacy
- To provide an environment to encourage health service researchers in pharmacy practice to share ideas about their research with their peers.
Hosting the conference provides the opportunity to:
- promote your institute’s areas of research interest and expertise, review the latest research in pharmacy practice and support research development in pharmacy practice
- raise the national and international profile of your research team and develop national/international research collaborations;
- develop skills in conference planning and management;
- network with research colleagues from across the UK and Ireland and promote your local region.
The responsibilities of the host institution include the following:
- Conference theme setting (with HSRPP Committee) – including selection of and liaison with national/international plenary speakers.
- Programme setting and production – programme arrangements and design, including the organisation of workshops where relevant and conference dinner and entertainment.
- Venue sourcing, liaison and delegate accommodation – liaison with local hotels/onsite accommodation and arrangement of block booked rooms [delegates make their own bookings].
- Attracting sponsorship.
- Production of promotional materials – conference flyer design, conference bags and badge production.
Pharmacy Research UK manages the remaining activities, which include:
- Abstract administration (including liaison with publishers) and collating presentations (abstracts only) for uploading pre-conference.
- Organisation of two committee meetings per year (June and November) and meeting administration.
- Updating and uploading relevant website material and general overview and review of content.
- Holding finances and investment of monies and receiving and processing conference payments.
- Evaluation of conference.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 5pm on Monday 30th January 2017. Applications will then be considered by the HSRPP Committee.
The form for completion is available below and applicants should provide details of the host institution and available facilities, the two academic leads that will join the HSRPP Committee and proposals for the conference theme.
Successful hosts will be required to attend Committee meetings from June 2017. It is also expected that potential hosts will attend the HSRPP conference regularly (Nottingham in 2017 and Newcastle in 2018)