The Committee for the Health Services Research and Pharmacy Practice Conference (HSRPP) are inviting expressions of interest from higher education institutes in the UK and Republic of Ireland to host this successful conference in 2021 or 2022.
The aim of HSRPP is to:
- Identify and disseminate research to inform policy and practice development;
- Develop the evidence base for pharmacy;
- Provide an environment to encourage health service researchers in pharmacy practice to share ideas about their research with their peers;
- Provide the opportunity for early career researchers to present at a major conference and develop their skills for the future.
Hosting the conference provides the opportunity to:
- Promote your institute’s areas of research interest and expertise, review the latest research in pharmacy practice and support research development in pharmacy practice;
- Raise the national and international profile of your research team and develop national/international research collaborations;
- Develop skills in conference planning and management;
- Network with research colleagues from across the UK and Ireland and promote your local region.
The responsibilities of the host institution include the following:
- Conference theme setting (with HSRPP Committee) – including selection of and liaison with national/international plenary speakers;
- Programme setting and production – programme arrangements and design, including the organisation of workshops where relevant and conference dinner and entertainment;
- Venue sourcing, liaison and delegate accommodation – liaison with local hotels/onsite accommodation and arrangement of block booked rooms [delegates make their own bookings];
- Attracting sponsorship for the conference;
- Production of promotional materials – conference flyer design, conference bags and badge production;
- Abstract administration (including liaison with publishers, abstract authors and the HSRPP Committee) and collating presentations (abstracts only) for uploading pre-conference;
- Collating any comments and feedback from the HSRPP Committee and passing this back to the abstract authors for feedback, or to make necessary amendments to their application;
- Updating and uploading relevant website material and general overview and review of content;
- Holding finances and investment of monies and receiving and processing conference payments, including managing all ticket sales;
- Evaluation of conference.
Pharmacy Research UK (PRUK) is the secretariat for the HSRPP Committee and will support the host institution during the conference preparation process. PRUK organises the HSRPP Committee meetings twice a year (June and November) and works with the Committee Chair to produce the meeting papers. The host is responsible for undertaking all administrative activities required to prepare for and host the conference. For further details, please get in touch with us.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 25th January 2019. Applications are considered by the HSRPP Committee. Please complete the expression of interest form and submit to us, at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. Please clearly indicate which year you are applying to host the conference; in 2021, 2022 or either year.
The form for completion is available below and applicants should provide details of the host institution and available facilities, the two academic leads that will join the HSRPP Committee and proposals for the conference theme. The judging criteria is also available for you to refer to – we strongly encourage you to refer to this criteria when completing the form, so you are aware of what the Committee are expecting during assessment.
Successful hosts will be required to attend Committee meetings. It is also expected that potential hosts will attend the HSRPP conference regularly (University of Birmingham in 2019 and Cardiff University in 2020).
If you would like to discuss in more detail the opportunities and responsibilities involved, please contact Desh Mofidi at email@example.com.