The Health Service Research and Pharmacy Practice (HSRPP) conference showcases the latest research from pharmacy practice and health service researchers covering a range of topics relevant to health services. The conference provides an opportunity for pharmacy and health service researchers to disseminate their research and also develop their skills for the future. It also includes workshops to support career development and learn about leading edge methodological developments, as well as inspiring keynote speakers from both pharmacy and other disciplines. It is an annual, 2-day conference hosted by Universities across the UK and Ireland. The next conference will be hosted by the University of Bradford on 17th and 18th April 2023. Further information is available here.
The HSRPP committee meet twice a year (in June and November) to oversee the conference preparations, as well as conduct the review of the abstracts submitted for the conference, contribute towards the host programme and support in attracting sponsorship for the conference. The committee includes the following members:
- Editor of the International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Consultant or clinical-academic pharmacist
- Future, current and past host chairs (on rotation)
- Pharmacy Research UK staff (Secretariat)
All committee members are expected to attend each conference during their tenure.
There are currently two vacancies available for a consultant pharmacist, or research active clinical-academic pharmacist in a patient-facing role to join the committee. The post holders would ideally be a pharmacist with a primarily patient facing role, incorporating research in addition to their clinical responsibilities. We particularly welcome applications from research active pharmacists working in hospital or community. The duties of this post include:
- Attendance of the committee meetings, in June and November;
- Attendance of the annual HSRPP conferences;
- Availability, via email, to discuss matters relating to the HSRPP conference, where necessary;
- Oversee the ongoing administration of the conference, including targeting more groups of researchers and clinicians to attend future conferences;
- Input on various aspects of the conference, from suggested speakers to workshop topics;
- Support the hosts throughout the administrative process, where possible, and promote the conference through your networks;
- Reviewing the abstracts submitted to the conference in trio groups, with other committee members (optional duty).
The position advertised is for a 3-year term, with reappointment for a further 3 years (pending committee approval).
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 12pm on Friday 17th March. If you have any questions, please contact Desh Mofidi, PRUK Research Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments yet.