The Health Service Research and Pharmacy Practice (HSRPP) conference showcases the latest research from early career pharmacy practice researchers, covering a range of topics relevant to the role of pharmacy and health services. The conference provides an opportunity for early career researchers to disseminate their research and also develop their skills for the future. It is an annual, 2-day conference hosted by Universities across the UK and Ireland. The next conference will be hosted by the University of Birmingham on 8th and 9th April 2019. Further information is available here.
The HSRPP Committee meet twice a year (in June and November) to oversee the conference preparations, as well as conduct the review of the abstracts submitted for the conference, contribute towards the host programme and support in attracting sponsorship for the conference. The Committee includes the following members:
- Editor of the International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Consultant pharmacist
- Future, current and past host chairs (on rotation)
- Pharmacy Research UK staff (Secretariat)
All Committee members are expected to attend each conference during their tenure.
There is a vacancy available for a Consultant Pharmacist to join the Committee. The post holder should be an NHS employed pharmacist with a primary patient facing role, incorporating research in addition to their clinical responsibilities. The duties of the Consultant Pharmacist include:
- Attendance of the Committee meetings, in June and November.
- Attendance of the annual HSRPP conferences.
- Reviewing the abstracts submitted to the conference in trio groups, with other Committee members.
- Availability, via email, to discuss abstracts and review feedback, where necessary.
- Oversee the ongoing administration of the conference, including ticket sales and accommodation, venue capacity, dinner plans and other essential arrangements.
- Input on various aspects of the conference, from suggested speakers to workshop topics
- Support the hosts throughout the administrative process, where possible, and promote the conference through your networks.
The position advertised is for a 3 year term, with reappointment for a further 3 years (pending Committee approval).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your updated CV with a covering letter outlining why you wish to be considered for this position, to Desh Mofidi at email@example.com by Friday 25th January 2019. Please feel free to contact Desh Mofidi (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to discuss the role any further.