The submission round for 2017 will launch on the 7th August and end on the 13th October. Researchers funded by PRUK will be contacted to update their accounts and submit their portfolio during this time frame, however the portfolio can be updated at any time during the year.
Researchfish is one of the main research impact assessment tools available and is what we use to track, monitor and assess the impact that PRUK funded research is having on pharmacy research, including health service research utilising medicines.
As a research funding charity, we want to be as impactful as we can be and in large part, this is measured by the outputs of the research that we have funded. Monitoring the impact of our research help us to:
- Inform our research strategy
- Ensure that we are meeting the broad aims of the charity and remain fit for purpose
- Provide our supporters with evidence that the research we fund is improving the health of the public through excellence in pharmacy research
- Capture and share the impact of our research, which is essential for raising the funds we will need to invest in future research.
What is Researchfish and why are we using it?
Researchfish is an online portal used to gather information about research outcomes. Medical charities, universities and Research Councils use this system to evaluate the impact of the research they fund.
The principles behind Researchfish are simple:
- To allow researchers to record all of their research outputs and outcomes in one place
- To help researchers share outcomes with funders more easily and efficiently
How to use Researchfish
Pharmacy Research UK award and grant holders can enter information about all of their research outcomes into Researchfish. This can then be linked to relevant grants held with funding organisations that use the system. To find out more:
- Read our list of frequently asked questions
- Visit the Researchfish website for additional information or watch the helpful videos that will teach you how to enter, attribute and submit information about the outcomes of a particular grant
What about annual and final reports?
Pharmacy Research UK award holders are still required to submit annual and final reports in addition to the information submitted using Researchfish. Annual and final reports must be approved by Pharmacy Research UK in order for us to release funding for your award.
Need more help?
Please read our list of frequently asked questions to see if your query can be resolved there. For technical queries please visit the Researchfish help pages or email the Researchfish support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. You can also contact Pharmacy Research UK.