Please note this grant scheme is now closed and will not be running in 2017.
The United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA) & Pharmacy Research UK Clinical Pharmacy Research Grant is primarily aimed at pharmacists wishing to conduct clinical pharmacy research projects in the UK.
The focus of this grant has been to support pharmacy practitioners who wished to develop their research skills and in doing so build relationships with the academic community, attend formal training programmes and seek mentors.
The funds available in 2016 were for two projects of up to £20,000 per project.
To be considered for funding the project had to:
- Apply directly to the definition of pharmaceutical care as described by Hepler & Strand (1990): “The responsible provision of drug therapy for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life.”
- Be aligned with Pharmacy Research UK and UKCPA organisational objectives
- Have a clear research question or hypothesis
- Have robust methodology
- Have clear, defined and measurable outcomes
- Be completed within 12 months (unless under exceptional circumstances such as significant delays outside the control of the project team)
- Have a Lead Applicant who is a current member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and the UKCPA
- Be conducted in the UK
- Request no more than £20,000