We are an NIHR non-commercial partner which provides additional benefits to research projects. Applicants who require further help and support in completing the research application also benefit from the NIHR Research Design Service (RDS). The RDS provide design and methodological support to health and social care researchers across England and are a useful resource in developing a robust application for research funding.
Research projects funded through our funding streams are now automatically eligible for NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN) support and therefore entitled to:
- Use the NIHR Coordinated System for gaining NHS Permissions (NIHR CSP) which is accessed via the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS).
- Access NHS support via the NIHR Clinical Research Network.
To be eligible for NIHR CRN support any research studies must also meet the standard study eligibility criteria, namely that it:
- Requires NHS Research Ethics Committee approval and NHS permission.
- Is a discrete structured research project with an appropriate study protocols.
- Is of clear value to the NHS.
- Involves NHS patients, staff, premises, facilities or resources.
Please refer to the following websites for further information about: