Nominations or applications for the 2014 Pharmacy Research UK Award are invited for the consideration of the RPS Conference Research Panel.
Purpose of the award
This prestigious award, sponsored by Pharmacy Research UK, is intended to recognise individuals who have:
- Made a significant contribution to the field of pharmacy practice research and
- Have the potential to become a leader in the field.
Typically, applicants should be at the mid-point of their career at the time of submission e.g. Senior Lecturer or Senior Research Fellow. The winner of the Award will receive a cheque for £1000 and will be required to deliver a 30 minute lecture at the RPS Conference 2014. The lecture should be based primarily on the applicant’s own research but should also draw on relevant published work from related fields including health policy. Applicants do not have to be based in a School of Pharmacy and do not have to be a registered pharmacist. International applicants are welcome.
If you wish to apply for this important award please submit:
- A full academic CV which includes details of significant grants awarded, publications, professional and academic track record including peer review experience.
- A brief personal supporting statement of up to 2 sides of A4.
- Your proposed lecture title, an outline of the topics to be covered in the lecture and a statement of how the research to be presented contributes to knowledge in relation to healthcare generally and pharmacy practice specifically. The lecture plan must not exceed 1000 words.
Submissions should reflect mid-career progression – with the highest academic position being considered a Reader/Associate Professor.
Applicants will be judged against the following criteria: grants held, quality of published research (including citation metrics e.g. H-index), number of PhD students, collaborations (national and international), evidence of research leadership, relevance of research to policy and practice, invited seminars, membership of grant awarding bodies and quality of proposed lecture content.
The winner of the award will be asked to write an abstract of their proposed talk for the International Journal of Pharmacy Practice and to write a summary of their talk after the conference which will appear in The Pharmaceutical Journal.
The closing date for applications is 9:00am on Monday 28 April 2014. The successful applicant will be notified after 19 May 2014
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading: Pharmacy Research UK Award Submission.